Thursday, September 8, 2011

From Jamie Hatcher

Dearest GINGERUTHENRY!
Happiest of Birthdays to you, my sweet friend!  Oh how I miss you!  I know this birthday will be a very special one for you because not only are you marking a milestone with the big 3-0, but you are celebrating it on a big ship somewhere far, far away.  I hope it's the most exciting bday ever and that this blog is just one of the many outpourings of love you receive.

I am so thankful for you, and thankful that you are the kind of friend that will be in my life forever because no matter how much time has passed, we can pick right back up from wherever we left off.  I love thinking back to the beginning of our friendship in good ol' Mount Pleasant, SC.  If my memory serves me correctly, we took our bikes downtown and I gave you my old spiel from my carriage tour days.  What fun!  I was so nervous about leading my very first small group but I knew right away that you were a kindred spirit and that with you there, I would be less afraid.  What a sweet season of community we got to experience as a result of that group.

We even got out of Charleston every now and then for fun little excursions like camping :)


And you came with me to my very favorite restaurant on my birthday that year (2005).

When God led me to Texas, and it was so very hard to leave the deep friendships I had formed with all of you girls.  Here we are on my last night at ECBC. 

It wasn't too much longer until He led you to your grand adventure on Mercy Ships.  How FUN that He would allow our paths to cross again here in Texas during your training!  It was the blessing of all blessings to be able to have you here on my birthday two years ago.  I loved every second of having you here and spending that time with you before you left the country.


You mean so much to me, and I truly consider you one of my close friends in this world!  I love you and miss you terribly.  Hope your birthday is wonderful, sweet friend!

-Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment