Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Dear Ginger,
It's hard to believe that you have been such a huge part of our family for the last 10+ years.  Tricia sure knows how to pick a best friend!  When I really started counting how long you have been a part of our family, I realized that it seems like you have always been a part of it. I honestly cannot think of you not being apart of our family. It seems as I unpack a box here and a box there I come across something that reminds me of you. 
I guess the one story that I will always remember is when you first got to Charleston to start your new career.  I remember that you had filled out some job applications and you had gotten a money order to send off for your SC license.  Some how that money order got misplaced by the time I got home from work.  After talking about your day and all the places you had been, we retraced your steps to Nason's Medical and low and behold if your money order was not laying on the ground in the parking lot.  It was such a huge PRAISE that I couldn't help but dance a little jig!
I remember us packing up Tricia's things as she scooted off to Central Asia; painting bedrooms; having adventures at Disney World; you and Amber calling for a Plan B for your small group's get a way; Your & Tricia's trips to Tanzania and Kyrgyzstan...so many memories.  I have your aunt's cheese tray made from a wine bottle and a random number of other sweet memories stashed around the house.... seems like there was a taco server thingy that you and Tricia made me from a ceramic shop.... Anyway....
I wish you a happy and blessed 30th birthday. I wished that our plan to come and visit you could have panned out...but another time, I guess. Love you, Ginger!
Ms Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment